Program Manager (gn)
- Hilf uns dabei, die Welt etwas besser zu machen!
Our mission is to support people on their journey of building businesses for positive change through community, entrepreneurship and innovation. As Hamburg’s home for impact, we are an ecosystem of purpose-driven people who identify with our core values: Trust, Courage and Collaboration. We do so by providing an inspiring space for coworking and by offering innovative content through workshops, events, and programs.
We define our culture at Impact Hub Hamburg as:
- We have a clear intention of collaboration and co-creation
- We trust each other, and our shared purpose aligned with the Impact Hub Hamburg mission
- We prioritize our physical, mental and emotional health
- We create safe spaces for honest communication, appreciation and encouragement
- We value different perspectives and thrive for inclusiveness
- We take ownership for our responsibilities, and keep each other accountable
- We embrace an entrepreneurial spirit of frequent prototyping
Main responsibilities for the role
The main purpose of this role is to design innovative formats and content that help impact entrepreneurs, their ventures and partners to thrive.
Some of the main responsibilities include:
- Designing and executing specific programs (eg, Hackathons, incubation and acceleration programs, workshop series)
- Leading and supporting proposal preparation for program tenders (eg, EU, Germany)
- Supporting the strategy for the impact innovation programs at Impact Hub Hamburg
- Expanding with continuous improvement for our venture support portfolio, tools and methods
- Being responsible for your Objectives and Key Results related to Programs Management
Who we are looking for
- 2-3 years of professional experience as project manager, ideally running venture support programmes in the startup sector, or experience in consulting (experience in sales and fundraising is a plus)
- Analytical skills, and ability to break complex problems into smaller ones
- Proactivity to prioritize own workload
- Innovation and prototyping mindset (eg, courage to try to new things, learning from mistakes)
- Collaborative approach, bringing different ventures, partners, and team members together to achieve the program objectives
- Ability to remain calm and composed even when dealing with uncertainty, fast-changing environments and variable workload
- Knowledge of facilitation methods (e.g Agile methodology, Design Thinking, Art of Hosting) and online collaboration tools (e.g. Miro) is a plus
- Interest and good understanding of the field of impact entrepreneurship
- Clear and crisp communication and interpersonal skills in English and German language
- The right to work in the EU, and based in Hamburg
What we offer you
- As a Program Manager, you will benefit from:
- A steep learning curve, on a role with purpose in a growing impact startup
- Becoming part of the world’s largest network of Impact Entrepreneurship (with over 24,000 members and +105 locations worldwide)
- Growing your own network of startups and actors of the impact ecosystem
- Working in an international, self-organized context (e.g. co-creation, TEAL principles)
- Benefiting from personal and professional development and the freedom for experimentation (e.g.learning budget)
Sounds like a perfect fit?
Please send us your application. We’re asking you to send:
- A short CV
- A short text or video answering these two questions:
1) How do you believe you would contribute to realize the mission of Impact Hub Hamburg with your professional and personal skills?
2) What is your personal motivation to become part of the team?
We are looking forward to getting to know you!
co-founder, co-managing director
Impact Hub Hamburg
Wir streben die Veränderung bisheriger konventioneller Geschäftsmodelle an, indem wir sie neu denken und negative in positive Effekte umwandeln.
Gesellschaft fair gestalten
Wir setzen uns dafür ein, dass der Staat verantwortungsvoll mit politischer Macht und öffentlichen Ressourcen umgeht. Die Art und Weise wie in einem Staat Entscheidungen getroffen und politische Inhalte formuliert und umgesetzt werden geht uns alle etwas an!
Wir betrachten die Vielfalt und Heterogenität der Gesellschaft als grundlegend. Egal welches Geschlecht, welche Hautfarbe, welche Religion oder welche sexuelle Orientierung – wir wollen gleichwertige und faire Lebensbedingungen für alle Individuen schaffen.