Senior Accountant (gn)
vor 3 Wochen
Finanzen & Controlling, Administration & Sachbearbeitung
- Hilf uns dabei, die Welt etwas besser zu machen!
Location: Berlin, Germany
Earliest starting date: As soon as possible
About CDP: CDP is a not-for-profit charity that runs the global disclosure system for investors, companies, cities, states and regions to manage their environmental impacts. Over the past 15 years we have created a system that has resulted in unparalleled engagement on environmental issues worldwide. Please visit www.cdp.net to find out more.
CDP is a global non-profit that runs the world’s environmental disclosure system for companies, cities, states and regions. Founded in 2000 and working with more than 680 financial institutions with over $130 trillion in assets, CDP pioneered using capital markets and corporate procurement to motivate companies to disclose their environmental impacts, and to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Over 14,000 organizations around the world disclosed data through CDP in 2021, including more than 13,000 companies worth over 64% of global market capitalization, and over 1,100 cities, states and regions. Fully TCFD aligned, CDP holds the largest environmental database in the world, and CDP scores are widely used to drive investment and procurement decisions towards a zero carbon, sustainable and resilient economy. CDP is a founding member of the Science Based Targets initiative, We Mean Business Coalition, The Investor Agenda and the Net Zero Asset Managers initiative. Visit or follow us @CDP and on LinkedIn to find out more.
About the role
As the global leader in environmental disclosure and with the increasing requirement for companies and authorities to monitor and report on their emissions, water and forestry impact, CDP has undergone significant growth and evolution in the last year. As teams have grown rapidly, we now seek to optimise and modernise our operations and set us up for long-term sustainable growth.
The role includes
The Senior Accountant will have impact through:
- Overseeing and operating all core Accounting activities, including monthly and annual closings, creditors payments, travel settlements, and accrual calculations
- Driving company profitability through the evaluation and optimisation of income derived from deposits
- Setting CDP Europe up for future longevity through the investigation and implementation of tax saving initiatives
The successful candidate should have
- Attainment of a CPA, Steuerfachgehilfer or similar
- Experience working with core Accounting activities, including being the point of contact for tax advisors, auditors and banks
- Experience operating within a fast-growing organisation where processes are evolving
- Familiarity with standard accounting system (preferably DATEV)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook and Excel
- Professional written and spoken fluency in English and German
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including relationship building, negotiation and professionalism
What we offer
- Positively contribute to solving one the world’s most pressing issues
- Competitive NGO salary and annual bonus (depending on company results);
- 30 days annual holidays;
- Flexible working hours;
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket (BVG Monatskarte);
- Modern office at WeWork (Sony Center) with free networking events, and hot and cold beverages;
- Non-contributory Pension: 8% annually of gross salary (after probation period);
- Urban Sports Club membership;
- Free German sessions.
The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in Germany. This full-time role is based at our office in Berlin, Germany.
Interested candidates should submit their resume via our recruiting platform.
Before you apply: We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant's privacy notice. By emailing us your application, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the application, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding.
CDP is a global non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Voted number one climate research provider by investors and working with institutional investors with assets of US$106 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 9.640 companies with over 50% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2020. This is in addition to the over 920 cities, states and regions who disclosed in 2019, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. CDP is a founding member of the We Mean Business Coalition. Visit https://cdp.net/en or follow us @CDP to find out more
Für uns ist es Priorität, die Erde als ein stabiles Ökosystem zu erhalten, indem wir für den Schutz von Boden, Wasser und Luft arbeiten. Somit setzen wir uns für einen schonenden Umgang mit Naturgütern ein.
Wir sehen unsere Aufgabe darin Informationen für die Masse zugänglich zu machen und wollen die Menschen über aktuelle Situationen in der Welt aufklären oder auf Handlungsmöglichkeiten hinweisen.
Gesellschaft fair gestalten
Wir setzen uns dafür ein, dass der Staat verantwortungsvoll mit politischer Macht und öffentlichen Ressourcen umgeht. Die Art und Weise wie in einem Staat Entscheidungen getroffen und politische Inhalte formuliert und umgesetzt werden geht uns alle etwas an!