Programme Lead Trainings (gn)
Berlin | Remote möglich
vor 2 Wochen
Bildung & Lehre, Coaching, Wissensmanagement
- Hilf uns dabei, die Welt etwas besser zu machen!
Do you enjoy empowering people in a multicultural environment? Are you enthusiastic about energy and climate policies and tackling the economic and political challenges of the global energy transition? Are you a creative and motivating personality with leadership experience who inspires your environment with your inclusive and positive demeanour?
Then, this is your position!
Energy systems worldwide are undergoing rapid changes. Most countries have now set themselves climate neutrality targets, but the challenges are manifold: It's about grids and markets, regulation and system integration, structural change and a just transition. In a nutshell, it's about reinventing energy systems. This is where we get involved. As Agora Think Tanks, we are pursuing the goal of achieving a climate-neutral energy system worldwide by the middle of the century. With currently around 150 employees at four locations worldwide, we combine research, dialogues, and technical assistance – we do this independently and free of economic or party-political interests. Sharing our knowledge, training partners and empowering individuals around the globe is a key component of our work. To strengthen our team, we are looking for a:
Programme Lead Trainings (m/f/d)
Berlin-based, full-or part-time role
In this exciting and versatile position, you will be responsible for our training programmes. Agora Energiewende has been implementing training programmes since 2018. Participants can learn directly from our experts during a six-week residential fellowship in Berlin, join virtual or in-person study tours, and receive specialised online courses in collaboration with our partners. Our training programmes help energy transition professionals gain a deeper understanding of energy economics, energy policy, and the transformation to climate neutrality.
- Developing and implementing the overall training programme strategy;
- Conceptualising training programmes, leading the development of cutting-edge training materials, initiating and implementing relevant projects;
- Co-shaping Agora’s strategy as part of Agora’s senior management body, with a focus on training programmes;
- Leadership of a multicultural team;
- Representing Agora towards funders, partners and other stakeholders;
- Managing the programme's budget and acquiring additional funding in this area;
- Overseeing the various training programmes, ensuring high-quality trainings, and supporting our in-house trainers.
- Close cooperation with colleagues from other teams.
- At least 12 years of relevant professional experience and several years of experience leading teams;
- Experience and/or formal training in pedagogy, facilitation, training development, adult education or similar;
- Intercultural awareness, humility, cognitive empathy, and experience navigating in politically sensitive/multicultural environments;
- Creative and collaborative team player and community builder with a strong desire to actively shape the global clean energy transition;
- Familiarity with relevant energy and climate policy issues;
- Ability to oversee the respective training activities and the development of training materials in cooperation with other experts;
- Extensive knowledge of the role of civil society organizations in shaping political processes (ideally through experience working for think tanks, NGOs or in the political sector) and an appetite to empower people and institutions;
- Full command of the English language and very good German language skills in reading and writing; active knowledge of other languages is a plus.
- The opportunity to work in this strategically important position, in a committed team, on an essential task for the future;
- A diverse and international working environment in a cooperative working atmosphere with flat communication and decision-making hierarchies;
- An attractive workplace in Berlin, and the option of hybrid working with good digital facilities;
- Opportunities for professional and personal development and advancement, including access to a mental well-being platform;
- Weekly breakfast, team events and other get-togethers with colleagues from around the globe;
- Assistance with the visa process for international candidates;
- 29 vacation days and a permanent employment contract.
If you are interested in this position, then we look forward to receiving your application by the 9th of April 2023 via our website. For reasons of objectivity, we ask that you refrain from submitting an application photo.
We want an energy transition for everyone from everyone. Therefore, we are particularly pleased to receive applications from people from groups that have been underrepresented in energy policy so far. We welcome applications regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability and age, and sexual orientation. Unfortunately, our offices are not completely barrier-free, but we are open to find individual solutions.
If you have any questions, please contact Marcus Berkenhagen at email@example.com.
Smart Energy for Europe Platform gGmbH/ Agora Energiewende
Agora Energiewende ist ein Think-Tank mit dem Ziel, die Umsetzung der Energiewende in Deutschland, Europa und global zu unterstützen. Mit gut 140 Mitarbeitenden an weltweit vier Standorten kombinieren wir in unserer täglichen Arbeit Forschung, Dialog und Öffentlichkeitsarbeit, um Antworten auf jene Fragen zu finden, die für die Energiewende entscheidend sind. Unser Team ist international zusammengesetzt; wir kommunizieren intern und extern überwiegend auf Englisch. Unsere Finanzierung stammt aus Zuwendungen von Stiftungen und öffentlichen Institutionen.
Für uns ist es Priorität, die Erde als ein stabiles Ökosystem zu erhalten, indem wir für den Schutz von Boden, Wasser und Luft arbeiten. Somit setzen wir uns für einen schonenden Umgang mit Naturgütern ein.
Wir sehen unsere Aufgabe darin Informationen für die Masse zugänglich zu machen und wollen die Menschen über aktuelle Situationen in der Welt aufklären oder auf Handlungsmöglichkeiten hinweisen.
Smart Energy for Europe Platform gGmbH/ Agora Energiewende