We are a mission-driven organisation who understand that our people are our success. We are looking for a Finance Officer to work in our finance team and support our colleagues across the globe.
The position includes a wide scope of responsibilities and offers insights into the operational work of a dynamic, internationally-active non-profit organisation. We need an experienced finance/accounting professional who will feel comfortable working on project/grant administration as well as general company accounting and organizational controlling functions. You should have the ability to work independently and across teams, and come ready to share your ideas for improvement!
The place of work is Berlin. You will report to the Chief Operating Officer and be a member of the Global Finance Team, working alongside other finance professionals in the organisation.
Areas of responsibility
- You prepare internal and external reports and provide analysis and overview to your colleagues in project management, as well as participate in preparing management forecasts.
- You develop, review, and update project budgets in line with funder rules and regulations.
- Working with other members of the finance team, you review and/or process invoices and expense claims and complete any necessary journal transactions, ensuring all activity is in line with budgets and funder requirements and other compliance factors.
- You prepare outgoing invoices and payment requests to funders.
- You engage in process improvement review and analysis, working with other team members to identify solutions to organisational challenges
- You are the primary contact and take lead in audits and expenditure verification of projects.
- You answer basic financial/project/tax related questions from the team and management and support the other Finance Team members.
- You hold a degree in accounting or related discipline or equivalent vocational training and
- Have a minimum of two years professional experience in project accounting and controlling
- Experience using ERP system/s is an asset: we recently upgraded our MS Access database to an ERP system and would benefit from your expertise
- Our working language is English, therefore English is necessary, German and/or French would be an asset
- Work experience in a startup, an NGO, research/science organisation, or a small, rapidly growing company is an advantage
- A job with purpose. With us, you will work in a team of highly engaged people and with your skills you can make a positive contribution to our work in the field of climate change mitigation.
- We are a diverse and inclusive team and welcome your application regardless of your gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect that makes you unique.
- We are working in a positive and inspiring working atmosphere with an international team. Our Berlin office is located near Moritzplatz in the heart of the lively Kreuzberg, surrounded by a dynamic startup scene.
- Currently most of our staff is working from home and we will continue offering flexible work arrangements in the future.
- We will pay your public transport ticket for Berlin and offer a company pension plan.
Deadline: 10 July 2022
Start: as soon as possible
Terms: Full-time position. Currently we can offer a two-year fixed term contract with the perspective of extension based on performance and funding.
Requirements: EU citizen or existing work permit for Germany.
Please apply with your CV, cover letter and a list of three referees in PDF format by 10 July 2022.
Indicate in your cover letter your earliest start date and your salary expectations.
Please apply exclusively using the application form. Applications by email or by post can unfortunately not be processed.
For further information send your questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bei Fragen zur Bewerbung
Viel Erfolg und herzlichen Dank, dass du auf GoodJobs verweist.
Der Job hat einen festen Arbeitsplatz, ist aber auch remote möglich.
Climate Analytics gGmbH