Bewerbungen an[email protected]
SBTi Technical Manager, Science Based TargetsAb sofort, BerlinVollzeit, BefristetBusiness Development, Research & Marktanalyse, Nachhaltigkeitsmanagement
CDP is a global non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Voted number one climate research provider by investors and working with institutional investors with assets of US$106 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts.
Over 9.640 companies with over 50% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2020. This is in addition to the over 920 cities, states and regions who disclosed in 2019, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. CDP is a founding member of the We Mean Business Coalition. Visit https://cdp.net/en or follow us @CDP to find out more
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- Application deadline: Rolling
- Starting date: As soon as possible
About the role
The SBTi Technical Manager is a new position. The postholder will work to help develop technical resources, guidance and tools to drive the adoption of climate targets in line with the ambition required to limit warming to 1.5°C with a special focus on industry and heavy emitting sectors.
A core responsibility will be to lead a project intended to develop guidance to inform 1.5°C-aligned targets in the cement industry. You will report to the SBTi Net-Zero Senior Manager and will be part of the SBTi Technical Working Group.
About the SBTi Team
The Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) is a joint initiative between CDP, UN Global Compact, the World Resources Institute, and World Wildlife Fund, aiming to catalyze change towards a net-zero economy by driving the adoption of GHG emission reduction targets in the corporate sector that are consistent with the ambition required to keep temperature increase well-below 2°C. Over 1,000 of the world’s largest and most influential companies have joined the Science Based Targets initiative to date. Please visit www.sciencebasedtargets.org to find out more.
Key responsibilities include
- Development of guidance, tools and technical resources to enable the adoption of 1.5°C-aligned targets in heavy-emitting industrial sectors;
- Project coordination and stakeholder management for sector-specific resources to be developed in line with the SBTi Sectoral Development Framework;
- Research to identify suitable scenarios, decarbonization roadmaps and mitigation pathways to develop science-based target setting resources for the cement sector;
- Support with other ad-hoc research and technical activities as required by the Science Based Targets initiative;
- Coordinate and support outreach to stakeholders as part of the SBTi consultative processes on technical projects.
You will have the following skills and experience
- 5+ years professional experience, preferably with a background in climate change, sustainability, environmental engineering, and/or sustainable development;
- Good command of mitigation pathways, climate scenarios and decarbonization roadmaps Good knowledge of corporate GHGs accounting and science-based target setting;
- Professional, effective and flexible team player, with proven ability to work with high-level representatives from the business, investors and civil society;
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, and able to work independently in an international and multi-cultural remote work environment;
- Fluency in English with excellent written and oral communications skills.
Desirable criteria (optional)
- Ability to digest and communicate technical information to non-technical audiences;
- Proven project management skills;
- Results oriented, ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a constantly evolving environment;
- Experience working with cement or other heavy-emitting industries.
Salary and benefits
- A one-year fixed term contract based at CDP’s Berlin office with a possibility to extend subject to resources;
- Exciting and challenging tasks in a dynamic, innovative and highly motivated team;
- Working with many dedicated and passionate people for a good cause; Competitive NGO salary and annual bonus (depending on company results);
- 30 days annual holidays;
- Flexible working hours;
- Company Pension with Allianz;
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket (BVG Monatskarte);
- Modern office at WeWork (Sony Center) with free networking events, and hot and cold beverages.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in Germany. This is a full-time role based at CDP’s Berlin office reporting to Senior Manager, Net-Zero.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply
Please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages, to [email protected] with ‘Application – SBTi Technical Manager’ followed by your first name and surname in the subject. The deadline is Friday, 24th April.
Please note for Europe, China and NA it is not customary to detail salary (please refer to competitive NGO/negotiable salary/ salary dependent on experience instead).
Und herzlichen Dank, dass du auf GoodJobs verweist.