Bewerbungen an[email protected]
KontaktBlue Action Fund
60325 Frankfurt am Main
Grant Manager (gn)Ab sofort, BerlinVollzeit, Festanstellung, UnbefristetAdministration & Sachbearbeitung, Beratung, Produkt-/Projektmanagement
Blue Action Fund is a foundation financed with public funding from Germany, Sweden and France as well as the Green Climate Fund. Blue Action Fund seeks to conserve marine biodiversity for future generations and to improve the lives of local people today.
Blue Action Fund pursues that mission by making targeted grants to non-governmental organisations. Projects work on marine protected areas (MPAs) and their buffer zones, targeting the most sensitive coastal waters of Africa, Latin America and Asia/Pacific and focusing measurable outcomes in two areas: - Newly established or better managed MPAs or networks of MPAs that result in conservation of biodiversity; - Enhanced livelihood conditions and food security.
BLUE ACTION FUND is searching for a
Grant Manager (gn)
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
CLOSING DATE: 6 June 2021
START DATE: As soon as possible
CONTRACT: Full time, permanent
About Blue Action Fund
Blue Action Fund is a foundation financed with public funding from Germany, Sweden and France as well as the Green Climate Fund. Blue Action Fund seeks to conserve marine biodiversity for future generations and to improve the lives of local people today. Blue Action Fund pursues that mission by making targeted grants to non-governmental organisations. Projects work on marine protected areas (MPAs) and their buffer zones, targeting the most sensitive coastal waters of Africa, Latin America and Asia/Pacific and focusing measurable outcomes in two areas:
- Newly established or better managed MPAs or networks of MPAs that result in conservation of biodiversity;
- Enhanced livelihood conditions and food security.
Blue Action Fund’s grant-awarding process is based on Calls for Proposals only. Since its creation in 2016, the foundation launched several calls for proposals and signed more than a dozen grant agreements. The grant programme is expected to grow significantly in the coming years. The Blue Action Fund is seeking a Grant Manager to support the administration and management of its grant portfolio.
 Respectively through the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and KfW Development Bank, the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs and the Agence Française de Développement (AFD).
This position offers the opportunity to administer, manage and drive parts of a growing grant programme of marine conservation projects in developing countries within one of the leading organisations funding marine conservation globally.
Based in Berlin, you will independently manage several grants in close co-operation with the Blue Action Fund’s Programme Team and the Executive Director. You will be the point of contact for several grantees and responsible for due diligence checks, review of payment requests, reporting by grantees, scheduling and commissioning external reviews by auditors and evaluators, proper documentation and communication about the grant as well as general support to grantees to comply with funding requirements throughout the entire grant cycle.
Depending on experience you will also be asked to contribute to the appraisal of grant proposals, the finalisation of grant agreements and the revision of programme rules and procedures. Within a small team you will be ready to support any tasks that might need to be addressed.
- Track and monitor deadlines for grantee reporting.
- Review and assess reporting from grantees.
- Administer, verify, initiate and monitor payment requests.
- Ensure grantees’ compliance with Blue Action Fund’s Environmental and Social Safeguard policies.
- Ensure compliance with Blue Action Fund’s procurement policy (noobjecting subcontract templates, assessing requests for procurement exemptions)
- Respond to individual questions from grantees.
- Support grants’ communications, e.g. through Grant Fact Sheets, filing of photos and videos and other communicationrelated tasks.
- Conduct due diligence checks on potential grantees (signature verification, exclusion of terrorism lists, financial due diligence etc.).
- Maintain and update grant database.
- Initiate and oversee external consultancies for review and audits of grants.
- Assess potential extensions and revisions of grant agreements and elaborate proposals for consideration of the Management Board.
- Contribute to reporting to funders, including to the Green Climate Fund.
- As requested, support the development of calls for proposals and the appraisal of concept notes and full proposals.
- As requested, assist development of administrative and operational procedures for programme and office.
- Any other tasks as requested by the Executive Director and Programme Manager.
All candidates for the position must provide evidence of the following:
- At least 2 years’ experience in grant or project administration and management.
- Minimum of a B.A: in a relevant discipline, such as law, public administration, marine biology, ocean science, environmental studies, international development etc.
- Experience in the field of development cooperation and/or nature conservation.
- Understanding of various stakeholders such as grantees, project stakeholders and donors, and passion for the demanding and multifaceted work in marine conservation and development.
- Excellent language skills in English (both oral and writing).
- Excellent proficiency of working with Microsoft Office.
- Adaptability to frequently changing project requirements and needs.
- Ability to travel to target countries.
- A work permit for Germany
In addition, experience or knowledge in at least some of the following areas is desirable:
- Writing / Appraisal of funding proposals.
- Environmental and Social Risk Management / World Bank ESS.
- Marine conservation / sustainable livelihoods / ecosystembased adaptation.
- Working with NGOs and/or the Green Climate Fund.
- Additional language skills (Spanish, Portuguese, French).
- Use of Salesforce platform.
You are an energetic, self-starting individual who is able to work alone with little direction and within remote teams. You are detail-oriented and process-minded, but also flexible enough to enjoy working for an organisation that is expected to continually evolve in the coming years. You can come from the NGO, foundation, public administration or private sector, but you should have experience in grant or project administration and management. You are comfortable working in a small organisation and understand that this means every day is different.
Your key partners are situated around the globe and require excellent skills of remote and intercultural communications. You are very well-rounded and have a passion for learning and doing new things.
You are ambitious, creative, helpful, and have a good sense of humour. You have written and spoken fluency in English and at least good knowledge of German. You are able to travel nationally and internationally.
Expressions of interest should be submitted electronically, in English. Please include in a single pdf document:
- a letter of motivation (not more than one page) indicating your salary expectations and two references,
- curriculum vitae.
In addition, please submit a memo (max. one page) what you regard as potential key challenges for effectively managing a portfolio of grants like Blue Action’s.
Please send the entire application to [email protected], indicating in the subject line [Your name] Grant Manager. Deadline: 6 June 2021.
Und herzlichen Dank, dass du auf GoodJobs verweist.