KontaktBüro Führungskräfte zu Internationalen Organisationen (BFIO)Villemombler Straße 76, 53123, Bonn, DeutschlandUnited Nations - UN-Secretariat
New York City
Junior Professional Officer (gn) in Human Resources ManagementAb sofort, New York City, Vereinigte StaatenVollzeit, BefristetHuman Resource, Produkt-/Projektmanagement
The new Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance (DMSPC) was established effective 1 January 2019 with a clear focus on improving management strategy, policy, and compliance. DMSPC plays a critical role in the realization of the Secretary-General’s vision of a more agile, effective, and people-focused United Nations, that supports renewed vitality and innovation and that empowers management, staff and partners to better deliver on organizational mandates. As part of the management paradigm shift, DMSPC provides policy leadership in all management areas through an integrated global management strategy and policy framework and through strengthened monitoring, evaluation and accountability mechanisms.
The Office of Human Resources (OHR) in Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance (DMSPC) provides strategic direction and policy leadership in all human resources matters. It aligns the Organization’s human resources capacity with its mission and mandates through the development and refinement of a global human resources strategy and innovative policies based on both organizational and staff needs.
Junior Professional Officer (JPO) in Human Resources Management, DMSPC, New York
- Sector/Unit: Human Resources Management
- Duration: 2 years with the possibility of extension for another year
- Please note that for participants of the JPO-Programme two years work experience are mandatory!
Main duties and responsibilities
- Contribute to the design, development and roll-out of a new leadership and management model.
- Coordinate activities related to the executive management development programme, executive coaching and senior leader mentoring.
- Support the leadership and management hub, senior leaders support programme and initiatives for emerging leaders.
- Contribute to initiatives to build a culture of continuous learning, accountability, innovation and results.
- Monitor and analyze specific aspects of programme or project development and implementation; review relevant documents and reports; identify problems and issues to be addressed and recommend corrective actions; liaise with partners; identify and track follow-up actions.
- Liaise with colleagues in other entities to collect information on culture and leadership.
- Actively engage in knowledge sharing efforts across entities; maintain a repertoire of good practices on culture and leadership; support the development and implementation of new and improved approaches with the Organizational Development Section’s team members.
- Support the work of system-wide and Secretariat task forces and working groups on culture and leadership, and related initiatives.
- Assist in the drafting of materials related to culture and leadership based on quantitative research and analysis.
- Conduct substantive research and analysis on performance and staff engagement.
- Identify trends, patterns and causal relationships in organization-wide data sets related to culture and leadership; make recommendations and prepare summary reports.
- Undertake data mining and analysis of culture and leadership indicators.
- Assist in enhancing and maintaining the Organizational Development Section’s database.
- Partner with managers to understand their specific functional needs; plans and implements solutions to meet culture and leadership issues.
- Provide administrative and substantive support to consultative and other meetings, workshops, conferences, etc.
- Engage in learning activities to strengthen competencies in one or more areas related to human resources.
- Contribute to efforts to innovate, modernize and streamline the work of the Organizational Development Section.
- Actively participate in strengthening internal and external communications related to the work of the Global Strategy and Policy Division.
- Support management in monitoring operational performance, with the aim of improving business processes, and reducing response times for clients.
Profile of qualification
- Master’s degree preferably in public or business administration, human resources management, psychology or related areas such as social sciences.
- At least two years of relevant professional experience in human resources management, administration or related field.
- Experience in international organizations/corporations or public administration is desirable.
- Experience working in organizational development is desirable.
- Project management skills and experience in employee culture and leadership initiatives is desirable.
- Key Competencies
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of another official UN Language is desirable.
- Solid computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Microsoft Outlook and Internet/Intranet resources are highly desirable.
- Good knowledge of legal and/or human resources database is desirable.
Die ausführliche Stellenausschreibung, Informationen zum Bewerbungsprozess sowie den Bewerbungsbogen finden Sie auf unserer Website.
Büro Führungskräfte zu Internationalen Organisationen (BFIO)
Und herzlichen Dank, dass du auf GoodJobs verweist.