Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of our global community to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:Head of Finance (gn) Ukraine Programme
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Khmelnytskyi, Ukraine.
Welthungerhilfe, together with other members of Alliance2015, supports the population affected by the conflict in Ukraine, within Ukraine and in its neighbouring countries. As Welthungehilfe (WHH) is setting up its presence in Ukraine, this position will be pivotal in supporting the set up of WHH's operational presence in Ukraine. Moreover, this position will be closely involved in working with WHH Alliance 2015 partners, Cesvi and Concern, on a joint response project for Ukrainian internally displaced people. As Head of Finance, you will also assist in partner assessments and partner capacity building. You will be responsible for recruiting and managing a finance team involved in Ukraine response.
- Support the Emergency Response Director in ensuring proper financial management of the programme and projects in the country
- Focal areas of responsibility are based on Welthungerhilfe's rules and standards, as well as administrative process descriptions and progress reports of the projects
- Support the Emergency Response Director in programme and project planning
- Set up the finance department and its systems for the joint Alliance2015 response in Ukraine
- Recruitment, induction, training and overall management of finance staff
- Provide disciplinary leadership to finance/administrative staff in the programme office
- Act as primary focal point for finance matters between Alliance2015 consortium partners and ensure the flow of financial information towards the finance departments of the consortium members
- Liaise actively with partner finance staff
- Control and validation of partner reports
A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant field e.g. finance and/or accounting
At least 3 years of professional experience in the same or an equivalent position, preferably in the region
International humanitarian donor experience would be an asset
Excellent coordination and organizational skills, especially in financial management
Strong intercultural competencies and ability to work in a multinational team
Willingness to work in a conflict zone
Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe's project countries
Excellent spoken and written English; German, Ukrainian and/or Russian language skills would be an advantage
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by May 8, 2022. Your contact person is Barbara Kuersten. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
Viel Erfolg und herzlichen Dank, dass du auf GoodJobs verweist.
Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V.