Head of Business (gn) Climate & Energy
- Hilf uns dabei, die Welt etwas besser zu machen!
We are looking for a
Head of Business (gn) Climate & Energy
who is in charge of managing and expanding key relationships for our company. As our business development, sales, and customer support teams continue to grow and evolve, you will play an instrumental role in managing and mentoring these teams, with a focus on doubling the size of the sales team each year.
VIDA (www.vida.place) is a sustainability and impact management software that enables companies to track their impact across thousands or even millions of locations. Our mission is to help people understand the world we need and empower them to take swift action toward a better future.
Our mission & values
At VIDA, we are committed to using the best data technology to drive positive change in the world. We prioritize sustainability and social responsibility in everything we do, and are dedicated to transparency and accountability. We believe in continuous innovation and delivering the highest quality products and services to our customers. Collaboration and teamwork are at the heart of our culture, and we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our company and the communities we serve.
Your key responsibilities
- Identify, manage and expand key relationships, including taking ownership of key accounts (such as The World Bank, IFC, USAID, Governments, KfW Bank…)
- Manage and mentor our business development, sales, and customer support teams with a focus on doubling the size of the sales team each year
- Drive recurring revenue and license sales
- Represent VIDA at industry events, conferences, field trips, and customer meetings, leveraging your extensive network in the distributed renewable energy sector to generate new business opportunities
- Collaborate closely with the co-founders to bring user and market feedback into product development and to identify new business opportunities
Is it you we are looking for?
- You have 8+ years of experience in the sustainable energy or climate sector
- Experience working with or for international donors and investors (Governments are a plus)
- Extensive network in the distributed renewable energy sector
- Proven track record in leading software subscription or license sales
- Experience leading and managing large, international teams in sales, customer success, and technical sales
- Experience working in a start-up environment is a plus
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) in English (French is a plus)
Ok, and what does VIDA bring to the table?
- Opportunity to work in a diverse team to enable the use of a highly impactful and innovative tech product. We really believe that we can change the world at a scale that matters.
- A culture of diversity and inclusion with a global variety of professional and personal experiences to empathize with the work we do
- Open atmosphere that encourages everyone to think and experiment in new ways with software, hardware, and business development
- A collaborative team where your ideas, insights, and decisions have a lot of weight and help steer our business in the right direction
- Opportunity to work remotely: >50% of our VIDA team works remotely from countries ranging from Rwanda to Sweden
- Option to work from Munich office
- A competitive compensation package (incl. ESOP, company device, 28 paid vacation days, and 500€ educational budget / year)
If any of this sounds interesting to you just drop your CV and a friendly line to jobs@VIDA.place
*In case your experience doesn’t fit all of the criteria, make sure to get in touch anyways!
Chief of staff
01751653104 & aylin@VIDA.place
Unsere Vision sind Städte mit ressourcen- und energieeffizienten Gebäuden und ausreichend Grün- und Freiraumversorgung, in denen es den Menschen möglich ist, ihre Wege bequem und sicher zu Fuß, mit dem Fahrrad oder mit dem öffentlichen Personennahverkehr zurückzulegen.
Wir verabschieden uns von konventionellen Energieträgern wie Erdgas, Kohle, Öl und Kernbrennstoffen und begrüßen alle Formen der regenerativen Energien. So wollen wir einen Beitrag zu einer dezentralen, klimafreundlichen und modernen Energie- und Wärmeversorgung leisten.
Gesellschaft fair gestalten
Wir setzen uns dafür ein, dass der Staat verantwortungsvoll mit politischer Macht und öffentlichen Ressourcen umgeht. Die Art und Weise wie in einem Staat Entscheidungen getroffen und politische Inhalte formuliert und umgesetzt werden geht uns alle etwas an!