- Location: Berlin, Germany
- Application deadline: 29.10.2021
- Earliest starting date: 01.12.2021
Would you enjoy working to preserve our planet?
Do you think engaging with large global companies can be an impactful lever for change?
Are you excited about working closely with some of Europe’s largest companies to drive action on reducing emissions in their supply chains?
CDP Europe is seeking a highly motivated individual to support CDP’s supply chain sustainability work in Continental Europe. CDP’s supply chain program works with the largest companies in the world to improve the environmental performance of their supply chains by engaging their suppliers to limit climate change, improve water stewardship and forest-related practices. Attention to detail, communication, analysis and organizational skills are fundamental to this role.
The role includes
- Engaging with member companies and their suppliers to implement CDP disclosure in the supply chains of large corporations in Europe;
- Advising members on integrating environmental KPIs into purchasing decision-making to shift their supply chains towards lower carbon, water secure and deforestation free ways of operating;
- Providing data analysis and strategic insights for members on how to drive sustainable practices among their key suppliers;
- Responsibility for recruiting new members to join the supply chain program;
- Fulfilling the membership objectives set by CDP including personal meetings, workshops, external communication and collaboration with other organisations;
- Presenting at conferences and other events to raise awareness and develop new leads for future members of the program;
- Creatively developing and refining presentations, brochures and marketing material as well as the inherent program offering together with the Supply Chain team;
- Active coordination with other CDP teams to engage with stakeholders in an efficient and organised manner;
- Other work supporting the program’s operations and international presence, as required.
The successful candidate should have
- Minimum BA/BSc degree, Masters preferred or relevant experience;
- Ability to build strong, trusted relationships with members;
- Proven data analysis skills with love for detail plus good research/ argumentation skills; experience working with large datasets to pull out key insights for clients and provide strategic advice;
- Experience working with GHG emissions data;
- Proven track record in business development or sales with persistence, endurance and creativity and work experience in account management;
- Good business communications experience and a very strong command of business language, with ability to interact convincingly with people at different levels of seniority and different cultural backgrounds;
- Proven strong negotiation and networking skills. Ideally with existing contacts in networks across businesses in Europe, including relevant contacts within trade associations and industry working groups;
- IT skills and knowledge of client relationship management system and data analysis programs desirable, or ability to learn quickly (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, CRM tools);
- Ability to manage time effectively and work within an annual process with shifting priorities;
- Flexibility and creative problem-solving;
- Fluent in English. Another European language, particularly French, German or Polish, would be a plus.
- Experience in working on climate change and sustainability topics within a corporate environment, or from a procurement perspective;
- Special focus on GHG emissions accounting (particularly Scope 3) and /or water security / forest issues particularly concerning supply chains;
- Strong organisational and planning skills – both at strategic and operational levels.
What we offer
- Exciting and challenging tasks in a dynamic, innovative and highly motivated team;
- Working with many dedicated and passionate people for a good cause;
- Competitive NGO salary and annual bonus (depending on company results);
- 30 days annual holidays;
- Flexible working hours;
- Company Pension with Allianz;
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket (BVG Monatskarte);
- Modern office at WeWork (Sony Center) with free networking events, and hot and cold beverages.
The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in Germany (with an existing work permit). This full-time role is based at our office in Berlin, Germany.
Interested? Interested candidates should submit their complete application documents (motivation letter addressed to Hugo Ernest Jones, CV, references/certificates and salary expectations) in English, via our recruiting platform. https://cdp-europe.jobs.personio.de/
Before you apply, we’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant's privacy notice. By submitting your application, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding.
Viel Erfolg und herzlichen Dank, dass du auf GoodJobs verweist.