KontaktBüro Führungskräfte zu Internationalen Organisationen (BFIO)Villemombler Straße 76, 53123, Bonn, DeutschlandUnited Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization - UNESCO
Anzeige online bis14.08.2020
Junior Professional Officer (gn) for Holocaust EducationAb sofort, Paris, FrankreichVollzeit, BefristetProdukt-/Projektmanagement
UNESCO works to create the conditions for dialogue among civilizations, cultures and peoples, based upon respect for commonly shared values. It is through this dialogue that the world can achieve global visions of sustainable development encompassing observance of human rights, mutual respect and the alleviation of poverty, all of which are at the heart of UNESCO’S mission and activities.
Junior Professional Officer (JPO) for Holocaust Education, Paris
- Sector/Unit: Section of Global Citizenship and Peace Education
- Duration: 2 years with the possibility of extension for another year
- Please note that for participants of the JPO-Programme two years work experience are mandatory!
Main duties and responsibilities
- Support the organisation of events and conferences related to Holocaust and genocide education, including International Days, as well as to hate speech, antisemitism and PVE-E, racism and intolerance, in consultation with UNESCO’s programme Sectors and partners.
- Contribute to the coordination of national activities, such as capacity building, on the prevention of antisemitism, racism and intolerance, through education. In this context, liaise with colleagues and offices within UNESCO and with external partners to ensure the successful implementation of activities, providing also, where and when necessary and possible, appropriate technical assistance for the delivery.
- Draft concept notes, funding proposals and implement relevant background research to develop new activities relating to Holocaust and genocide education and, generally, dealing with violent pasts through education.
- Assist in the coordination and development of UNESCO's activities relating to the United Nations Strategy and Plan of Action on Hate Speech, in liaison with relevant UNESCO Sectors and UN bodies.
- Support communication (website, social media and other supports), outreach, advocacy, resource mobilization on all above-mentioned activities.
Profile of qualification
- Master's degree in the field of Education or International Relations, or related field.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in the field of education development or research, including at least one year of experience in an international environment, preferably in, or related to the coordination of networks and partnerships in education.
- Key Competencies
- Excellent English or French language skills.
- A good knowledge of the other language would be an asset.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Proven skills in analysis, organization and coordination.
Die ausführliche Stellenausschreibung, Informationen zum Bewerbungsprozess sowie den Bewerbungsbogen finden Sie auf unserer Website.
Büro Führungskräfte zu Internationalen Organisationen (BFIO)
Und herzlichen Dank, dass du auf GoodJobs verweist.