Specialist Employee and Labour Relations (gn)
New York City, Berlin, London
vor 2 Monaten
Berufserfahrung: 1 – 3 Jahre
Administration & Sachbearbeitung, Personalwesen & Human Resources, Business Development
- Hilf uns dabei, die Welt etwas besser zu machen!
Specialist Employee and Labour Relations (internal title Associate HR Officer) x2 - Employee and Labour Relations, People and Culture
Do you want to help make the world a better place with your with your supporting the full range of employee and labour relations issues, from developing employee and labour relations strategies. We are seeking a Specialist Employee and Labour Relations (internal title Associate HR Officer) x2 based in London, New York or Berlin to conduct research and gather information to support options OSF, develop reports and analyse data.
The Open Society Foundations (OSF) work to build vibrant and inclusive democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people. We are active in more than 120 countries, making us the world’s largest private funder of independent groups working for justice, democratic governance, and human rights.
The People and Culture (P&C) team works with the organisation to create a culture and workplace that embodies and promotes organizational values, enabling the delivery of societal impact. The P&C team is structured as a collection of departments, to include HR Advisory; Centre of Expertise; Projects, Systems & Analytics; and Employee Support Centre. Employee and labour relations is part of the centre of expertise.
This Associate HR Officer role sits within the Employee and Labour Relations Team. The Employee and Labour Relations Team is responsible for supporting the full range of employee and labour relations issues, from developing employee and labour relations strategies and risk mitigation approaches, to managing and organizing the conduct of grievance and complaint processes within a larger system of compliance. The role focus is equally on carrying out these functions in such a way as to promote collaborative and productive relationships within the workplace and cultivating an inclusive culture as well as assuring legal compliance. The employee and labour relations team works in partnership with managers and employees to provide direction and guidance that will promote constructive working relationships, including remedial and preventive actions as appropriate, within the context of local conditions and concerns. The team also works to assure governance in matters of employee and labour relations, assuring that the approach is timely, efficient and coordinated.
As an Associate HR Officer on the Employee and Labour Relations Team you will
- Conduct research and gather information to support options OSF may need to understand for a particular employee relations case or labour relations dilemma, reconciling divergent points of view and making recommendations consistent with overall OSF strategy, practice and precedent
- Participate in the development and maintenance of various systems and processes related to employee and labour relations matters, assuring that accurate and comprehensive data is available as required for reporting and analysis to identify key trends and to drive proactive solutions
- Conduct informal and/or formal discussions with individuals or groups in the course of carrying out fact-finding, information-gathering and other such activities in support of the employee and labour relations team
- Develop research reports, analyses of data, draft documents and other related materials in support of the employee and labour relations team
- Assure compliance of selected actions or processes within your remit which will include several jurisdictions in accord with local requirements
- Support with setting up meetings, taking notes at meetings and other administrative assistance as required
What we are looking for
- Background in employee and labour relations, preferably in diverse settings
- Experience in interpreting technical language and documents in relation to specific facts and circumstances to support compliance with requirements
- Precision in the use of written and verbal communications
- The ability to understand the dynamics of complex interpersonal situations including elements that are not readily apparent
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially empathetic listening
- Ability to manage highly sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Commitment to continuous learning and growth in the areas of diversity, equity, inclusion, antiracism and social justice;
- Commitment to listening and working with humility; ways of working that are respectful to all people and that support space and voice for all diverse perspectives in our workplace.
- Experience in other HR disciplines
OSF is dedicated to providing equitable and competitive compensation & benefits packages.
- For our office in New York City, the salary range for this role is 76,300 - 133,500 plus benefits. The final offer is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set and level of experience
- Top-notch benefits and perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. With some variability according to location, this includes generous time off, flexible work arrangements, employer-paid health insurance, generous retirement savings plan, progressive paid parental leave, reproductive and family planning support, sabbatical opportunities, and much more.
- Ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual professional development allowances to onsite trainings and brown bag lunches with visiting experts.
- A commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables everyone to bring their full self to work and make a positive impact on the world.
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, please submit your cover letter and CV; we look forward to learning more about you.
Open Society requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or for a sincerely held religious belief. If you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation related to Open Society’s vaccination requirement.
Competitive rates of pay apply.
Open Society Foundations is committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion, and to building a diverse staff that reflects the movements, issues and communities that our mission serves. Candidates from all underrepresented backgrounds, identities and communities are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
Open Society Foundations
Die Open Society Foundations eröffneten 2018 ein neues Regionalbüro in Berlin. Dort beschäftigen sich rund 100 Mitarbeiter*innen mit lokalen, regionalen und globalen Themen um Rechtssystemreformen, grundlegender Gesundheitsversorgung sowie der Arbeit mit europäischen Roma-Communities.
Wir sehen unsere Aufgabe darin Informationen für die Masse zugänglich zu machen und wollen die Menschen über aktuelle Situationen in der Welt aufklären oder auf Handlungsmöglichkeiten hinweisen.
Unsere Vision ist, dass Wissen allen zur Verfügung steht und deshalb setzen wir uns dafür ein, dass sich Menschen mit ihren unterschiedlichen Lern- und Leistungsvoraussetzungen mit Wissen, Fertigkeiten und Fähigkeiten weiterentwickeln können.
Mit unserer Arbeit fördern wir demokratisches Bewusstsein, erhöhen das Verständnis von politischen Sachverhalten und wollen die Bereitschaft zur politischen Mitarbeit in der Bevölkerung stärken.
Gesellschaft fair gestalten
Wir setzen uns dafür ein, dass der Staat verantwortungsvoll mit politischer Macht und öffentlichen Ressourcen umgeht. Die Art und Weise wie in einem Staat Entscheidungen getroffen und politische Inhalte formuliert und umgesetzt werden geht uns alle etwas an!
Open Society Foundations
+49 (30) 300139630