KontaktRecruiting TeamGOPA Worldwide Consultants
61348 Bad Homburg vor der Höhe
Anzeige online bis23.07.2021
Project Manager (gn)Ab sofort, Bad Homburg vor der HöheVollzeitProdukt-/Projektmanagement
As leader in development consultancy, we, GOPA Worldwide Consultants, implement projects in developing and transition economies on behalf of national and international development partners, national authorities, industry representatives and civil society organisations.
We understand that behind each development project there is a human story. For this reason, our people-centered approach ensures that the projects we implement deliver the best possible outcome in terms of socially inclusive growth and poverty reduction and have a sustainable and measurable impact on peoples’ lives.
GOPA is looking for a
Project Manager (gn)
in the field of natural resources management, focus on Asia - to start as soon as possible in our Rural Development and Environment department in Bad Homburg (near Frankfurt am Main).
Are you looking for an international working environment, and enjoy working in a multi-cultural team with flat hierarchies? Do you have experience in International Development Cooperation? Then we should get to know each other.
As Project Manager, you will be responsible for the acquisition of new projects, as well as for the implementation and the financial and technical backstopping of ongoing projects in the fields of rural development and natural resources management, focusing on Asia.
Initially based at our headquarters in Germany, you will also travel abroad for fact-finding and backstopping missions as well as for short-term expert assignments.
- You take the lead in coordination and management of the acquisition processes
- You develop proposals for new projects, including methodologies and quality control
- You act as an interface between the project team on - site and the client
- You undertake short - term missions as backstopper and technical expert
- You ensure the proper technical and financial closure of projects
- You use your analytical skills and experience to assess, plan and implement activities and actions
- You use your communication skills to interact with multi - national teams and beneficiaries
- You prioritise actions and tasks, meeting tight deadlines
What we offer
- Team & culture: You will join dynamic, multi - cultural and multilingual team members who enjoy working together and who support each other.
- Responsibility: You join a company committed to being environmentally responsible wherever we operate.
- Development: Our annual career development and performance review process will help you to set clearly defined goals and objectives. As a new employee, you will be part of a mentorship system.
- Location: GOPA is located close to Bad Homburg’s railway station, and there is easy and quick access to Frankfurt’s cultural activities and events.
- Fringe benefits: GOPA offers an RMV job ticket, job bike leasing, as well as subsidies for a fitness studio, for day care for your children, to mention a few.
- Flexibility: We enable flexible work arrangements/models, including flexible working hours, mobile or telework.
- You have a relevant academic degree (Masters or higher) in the broad field of Natural Resources Management/Economics; e.g. geography, the environmental sciences, sociology, agronomy or biology
- You preferably have up to 5 years of experience in areas that include the following:
- International Development Cooperation with national and international donor agencies (GIZ, KfW and EU)
- The field of natural resources management and green/blue economies
- A demonstrated knowledge of policies and challenges around natural resources management and conservation at regional (Asia) and international level
- Work experience in development cooperation in Asian countries
- Experience in or with a consulting company, especially in the acquisition of projects
- Proven project and team-management skills
- Experience in building and sustaining partnerships with donors, beneficiaries and other counterparts
- An excellent command (spoken and written) in English is essential. French and Spanish oral and written communication skills are considered an asset.
- A very good command of German would be an advantage.
- Willingness to work in other regions, including Africa and Latin America.
Please send us your complete application documents, including curriculum vitae, motivation letter and references.
Und herzlichen Dank, dass du auf GoodJobs verweist.