KontaktBüro Führungskräfte zu Internationalen Organisationen (BFIO)Villemombler Straße 76, 53123, Bonn, DeutschlandJoint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS - UNAIDS
Junior Professional Officer (gn) Programme OfficerAb sofort, Genf, SchweizVollzeit, BefristetProdukt-/Projektmanagement
UNAIDS is leading the global effort to end AIDS as a public health threat by 2030 as part of the Sustainable Development Goals. Since the first cases of HIV were reported more than 35 years ago, 78 million people have become infected with HIV and 35 million have died from AIDS-related illnesses. Since it started operations in 1996, UNAIDS has led and inspired global, regional, national and local leadership, innovation and partnership to ultimately consign HIV to history.
Junior Professional Officer (JPO), Programme Officer, Geneva
- Sector/Unit: Planning, Finance and Accountability Department (PFA)
- Duration: 2 years with the possibility of extension for another year
- Please note that for participants of the JPO-Programme two years work experience are mandatory!
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide support to the planning, implementation and reporting to operationalise the UNAIDS Strategy through the Unified Budget, Results and Accountability Framework (UBRAF).
- Collect and analyse workplan and budget implementation, achievements and challenges, and present information in different formats.
- Provide support in the management and maintenance of tools such as the Joint Programme Monitoring System (JPMS) as well as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Assist in the analysis of existing and emerging business intelligence needs, data sources and monitoring tools and contribute to the identification of technological solutions, enhancement of existing tools and design of new systems.
- Extract and maintain online content for UNAIDS web portal and social media and produce user friendly information, infographics and pull-down posters to complement annual performance monitoring and reporting.
- Prepare and present guidance and information for the formulation, review and refinement of indicators, markers, baselines and targets.
- Provide support to HQ units, Liaison Offices, Regional Support Teams, Country Offices and Cosponsors on planning, performance monitoring, and reporting.
- Provide support to the review of the implementation of the Joint UN Plans on AIDS of the country Joint UN Teams on AIDS and the annual allocation of the country envelope funds.
Profile of qualification
- Master’s degree in public or business administration, economics, social sciences, public health or information management and communications.
- Two years of work experience in the field of international development, planning, monitoring, evaluation, database management, IT, web development and web content management, including social media.
- Experience in effective use of information and communication technology, including social media is desired.
- Key Competencies
- Advanced knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of French is desired.
- Knowledge of the theory, principles, practices, tools and techniques of planning, performance monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Knowledge of IT technologies and software applications, particularly web content management systems, including social media, web development (HTML and XML) and information and database management systems.
- Good understanding of AIDS within the context of social development, economics and global financing of HIV and AIDS.
Die ausführliche Stellenausschreibung, Informationen zum Bewerbungsprozess sowie den Bewerbungsbogen finden Sie auf unserer Website.
Büro Führungskräfte zu Internationalen Organisationen (BFIO)
Und herzlichen Dank, dass du auf GoodJobs verweist.