KontaktOpen Society Foundations
Project Officer (f/m/x) for Diversity, Equity and InclusionAb sofort, BerlinFestanstellungHuman Resource
The Open Society Foundations work to build vibrant and tolerant societies whose governments are accountable and open to criticism, whose laws and policies are open to debate and correction, and whose political institutions are open to the participation of all people. We seek to strengthen justice and the rule of law; broaden respect for human rights, including the rights of minorities; encourage pluralism and a robust diversity of opinion; deepen democratic practice and participation; expand economic equity; support effective governance; and invest in individuals, public and private organizations, and social movements that advance these goals. We are a global network of foundations committed to local knowledge and national expertise. Our network includes national foundations, regional foundations, and other geographic programs operating in more than one hundred countries. At the same time, many programs with global reach operate from our four headquarters in Europe and the United States, including programs on digital information, documentary photography, drug policy, early childhood, education, fellowships, fiscal governance, higher education, human rights, international migration, justice, public health, scholarships, think tanks, and women’s rights. In addition to making grants to organizations and individuals, the Open Society Foundations engage in policy advocacy, legal advocacy and litigation, program-related investing, and public communications, as well as providing direct assistance to governments. Most programs and foundations in the network are governed or advised by their own boards. The Open Society Foundations are the global philanthropies of George Soros, who, as chairman, plays an active role in the work of the foundations.
Do you want to help make the world a better place with your experience as a diversity, equity and inclusion professional? We’re seeking a
Project Officer (f/m/x) for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
(DEI) with the Human Resources team. The role will be based in Berlin.
The Human Resources (HR) team, comprised of 60+ members, sits in our Berlin, London and New York offices and supports OSF staff across the global network of foundations, in over 40 countries. The team is comprised of generalists spanning the North America, Latin America, Europe, Eurasia, Middle East, Africa, South West Asia, and Asia Pacific regions, as well as HR specialists comprised of Talent Development, Human Resources Information System (HRIS), Compensation & Benefits, Diversity Equity, and Inclusion, and Recruitment.
As a Project Officer for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Open Society, you will
- Develop a long-term project and activity plan to contribute to OSF organizational goal to become a more inclusive workplace
- Manage our Inclusion Liaison Team program, which includes the selection, training and support for a network of teams in our hub and regional offices of 5-8 staff members serving 1-2 year terms, and creating DEI campaigns in support of creating a more inclusive environment in their home offices
- Liaise with multiple internal stakeholders, including the leadership group on inclusion, hub and regional office directors, and people managers, to coordinate and consult about the implementation of the ILT activities and other related projects;
- Develop regular communications to keep key stakeholders and the organization informed of the program and activities.
- Develop and propose metrics to track progress.
- Support the design and implementation of global DEI trainings;
- Support the integration of cultures in the Berlin office, comprised of staff relocated from our former office in Budapest and staff recently hired in Berlin, to foster an inclusive work environment for all.
What we are looking for
- Expertise in the field of diversity, equity and inclusion and access to network of resources and references to support this work
- Excellent program management skills, prior experience managing a global network for teams (e.g. Employee Resource Groups, Fellowship or Mentorship programs, or similar) a plus
- Strong understanding of cultural differences and the proven ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds within a complex organization
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and judgment regarding sensitive and confidential issues
- Proven ability to prioritize a wide range of assignments and consistently deliver at a high level of quality in high pressure, fast-paced environments
- Experience with conflict management, mediation, and/or coaching strongly desired
- Experience with DEI and Organizational Effectiveness training preferred
- Experience with verbal and written communications in English (multilingual abilities a plus)
Check out a day in the life of an Open Society colleague here.
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, please submit your cover letter and CV; we look forward to learning more about you.
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
Und herzlichen Dank, dass du auf GoodJobs verweist.