KontaktDavid Senftlebenjobs@plugintheworld.com+49 30 / 9700 2556Mobisol GmbH
Skalitzer Straße 85
Anzeige online bis28.05.2018
Ruby on Rails / Backend Software Developer (f/m)Ab sofort, BerlinVollzeit, Festanstellung, Unbefristet, Teilzeit
Mobisol Group is a leading global player in decentralised solar electrification. Driven by market demand for off-grid solutions beyond lighting, Mobisol designs, distributes and services large home and commercial solar systems, seamlessly integrated with proprietary PAYG software. By combining the latest high-tech solar hardware with mobile payment technologies, the Berlin based company ensures affordability through flexible payment plans. Mobisol enables rural families and businesses to power a wide range of compatible appliances, such as televisions, stereos and refrigerators, thereby improving people’s standard of living while earning incremental income by supporting new solar-powered businesses. With over 1,000 employees across three continents, Mobisol runs its own operations in Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda, while providing hardware and software solutions through a growing network of B2B partnerships in another nine countries worldwide.
As Backend Software Developer you are developing and improving the core of PAYGEE, Mobisol’s business software platform. All information, which flows between customers, solar systems, partners and our employees in Berlin and East Africa are managed and shaped by various web and mobile applications.
It will be your task within a team of experienced and self-driven developers to put your fingerprint on the platform that drives Mobisol to deliver the best service and products to our rural customers in East Africa.
Your specific tasks
Together with our international Software Development Team you:
- push our product further - develop new features together with stakeholders across all Mobisol departments and sites
- upgrade our existing software - re-design and refactor existing software infrastructure to meet new business or performance requirements
- be a key player in our team - take an active part in the development team's processes
- holding the strings together - implement interfaces with external and mobile software infrastructure
- You have the passion for discovering, evaluating and implementing new technical solutions for Mobisol´s vision to plug in the world!
- You have an in-depth understanding of high level software mechanisms, and best practices
- You have a clear understanding of software architecture and design of web applications especially backend, frontend experience is a plus
- You are experienced with Ruby On Rails and how to deal with it’s limitations
- You prefer to work with the *nix based operating systems
- You are experienced with agile software development team processes
- You love to learn from your new colleagues and share your knowledge with them
- You already gained intercultural competence, ideally with work experience abroad
- Professional level of English, German or Swahili language skills are considered as an asset
Our Tech Stack
- Ruby 2.4, Rails 5 and 4.1 w/ ActiveAdmin, Grape
- MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis
- SOA around the Middleware using Kafka
- Monolith around the frontend which needs modularization
- Frontend: HAML, SASS, vue.js and Angular with regular JS
- Doing something meaningful - you´ll be part of an enterprise that brings real positive impact to ordinary people in East Africa
- Personal development - beside new experiences of developing in an international context with new technologies, we support you with possibilities for participation in Hackathons, developer conferences and classical trainings
- Be part of a great team of people - who combine professional expertise with individual passion
- Flat hierarchies and unusual ways to do things - your ideas and experiences are more than welcome
How to apply
Important for us are your skills and your motivation rather than certificates or university degrees. Please apply via our job portal. if you have further questions don´t hesitate to contact David Senftleben.
Und herzlichen Dank, dass du auf GoodJobs verweist.