KontaktLight for the World International
Monitoring & Evaluation CoordinatorAb sofort, Wiener Neustadt, ÖsterreichVollzeit, FestanstellungWissenschaft, Research & Marktanalyse
Licht für die Welt ist eine international tätige Fachorganisation, die sich in Projekten in Afrika, Asien, Lateinamerika und Südosteuropa für blinde und anders behinderte Menschen einsetzt. Wir arbeiten eng mit lokalen Partnern, Augenkliniken und Organisationen für Menschen mit Behinderung zusammen. Das ermöglicht uns, Spenden gezielt und nachhaltig einzusetzen, dauerhafte Strukturen zu schaffen und den Weg für eine inklusive Gesellschaft zu ebnen.
You will be responsible for the implementation of key aspects of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Resarch, Learning & Adapting (MERLA) strategy of Light for the World International. A special emphasis shall be laid on the management and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data collected as part of routine and special monitoring and evaluation processes. You will report to the Head of Effectiveness & Innovation and will work closely with all members of the internal and international MERLA Work Group.
Your key responsibilities will include
- Lead the implementation of key areas of the MERLA strategy
- Develop or support the development of Monitoring & Evaluation frameworks for country and thematic programmes
- Develop and coordinate global implementation of data collection tools and processes
- Support staff of our local country offices as well as local partners to raise quality of routine monitoring and data collection
- Build up and manage storage systems for M&E data
- Develop and implement consolidation of data from different sources and countries, including verification, coding and cleaning of large data sets
- Analyse data and generate reports
- Contribute to the preparation of professional papers, research and donor reports, presentations, articles and proposals
- Design, conduct or accompany quality process and outcome evaluations
- Build internal and partner capacity in Monitoring & Evaluation
- Act as key contact person for data-related requests
The position is based in Vienna, Austria and requires a valid work permit for the EU.
- Masters’ degree in Monitoring & Evaluation, Statistics, Economics, Research Psychology or related disciplines in the field of Social Sciences
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in an international environment
- Preferably experience in international development and in a role which involved coordination and implementation of M&E activities, evaluation design, quantitative data management and analysis, report writing and editing as well as visual presentation of research and evaluation findings
- Demonstrated experience of independently analysing large data sets using a statistical software (preferably STATA)
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally including to our Country Offices in Africa
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. German, French or Portuguese would be an advantage
- Good inter-personal skills with an ability to build relationship in a dynamic multicultural environment
- Very good Excel skills and proficiency in other MS Office suite applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- A personal interest in international development and human rights and commitment to Light for the World’s mandate and values
What we can offer as an employer
We are offering an outstanding opportunity to bring about change through an international development organisation with strong expertise and a growing profile. We are committed to giving our colleagues space to explore new directions, test new ideas and to excel as individuals through and with their team. We are a professional team that strives towards continuous development. We believe in participatory leadership and expect you to contribute your expertise and ideas. We believe that learning from mistakes is an important way of developing and put emphasis on our culture of learning.
The location of employment is Vienna, Austria. The position requires a valid work permit for the EU.
For this position an annual gross salary of approximately EUR 40.000,- (40hrs/week) commensurate with qualifications and experience is foreseen. Entry date: as soon as possible.
We are looking forward to receiving your application no later than June 7th 2020. Please apply exclusively online via our application tool under. A complete CV and a letter of motivation are important parts of this. Please also refer to the salary information and let us know why you would like to join our team and why you consider yourself suitable.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with disabilities.
Light for the World International
A-1120 Vienna, Austria.
Und herzlichen Dank, dass du auf GoodJobs verweist.