Bewerbungen an[email protected]
KontaktHerr Till PistoriusUNIQUE forestry and land use GmbH
79098 Freiburg im Breisgau
International Financial Analyst (f/m/x) Land Use / Climate ChangeAb sofort, Freiburg im BreisgauVollzeit, FestanstellungBeratung, Finanzen & Controlling
UNIQUE is a leading consulting firm for sustainable natural resource management, with a focus on forestry, agriculture and climate change. Since establishment in 1998, we have carried out over 700 projects in more than 60 countries. UNIQUE’s headquarter is located in Freiburg, in the Southwest of Germany. In addition, we have offices in East Africa, Paraguay, Vietnam and Kyrgyzstan. Our team consists of forestry and agricultural specialists, economists and political scientists. We have a large and diverse team of experts consisting of more than 60 permanent staff members with more than 15 different nationalities. This allows us to deliver high quality consultancies in different fields of relevance for the land use sector. In addition to our consultancy work, the UNIQUE group invests in forests and manages large FSC certified forests. We are also investment advisor for some of the most innovative funds in the land use and climate space.
For our Climate Division, UNIQUE is seeking to recruit a young professional with a strong financial background.
About the position
The candidate should have passion for and ideally professional working experience in the development of business models for sustainable land uses (forestry, agroforestry, agriculture) and climate finance. The candidate will work in a highly motivated international team, which develops and supports the implementation of sustainable business models and land use projects for private sector clients and development finance institutions. Duty station will be at UNIQUE headquarters in Freiburg, Germany, with regular short-term missions into project countries.
Tasks and responsibilities
The main responsibilities and tasks of the financial analyst will be to support our climate-smart investment team on:
- Financial / cost-benefit analyses for sustainable land-based activities (forestry, agroforestry, agriculture)
- Developing business models for sustainable land uses and management practices, as well as matchmaking investible projects with investors and donors
- Incubating and providing business development support to small-businesses, including timber outgrower schemes, commercial nurseries, agricultural companies (e.g. in Latin America, East Africa and Southeast Asia)
- Developing and structuring large public climate finance of UNIQUE’s key clients, especially in the context of Forest Landscape Restoration (FLR) and jurisdictional donor-funded climate programs (e.g. Green Climate Fund, World Bank Forest Carbon Partnership Facility)
- Contribute to analytical studies, such as sector studies, FLR and innovative approaches for land-based mitigation and adaptation to climate change
Required qualifications and expertise
- Master degree (or higher) in Finance or related fields, such as economics and business administration
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience, preferably in an international work environment, e.g. in a consulting firm or financial institution
- Experience in developing sustainable land use business models for private sector investors and public funding institutions, cost-benefit analyses and climate- finance
- Strong quantitative analysis, communication and writing skills, with the ability to develop and present compelling narratives
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Proficiency with MS Office, in particular Excel
- Proficiency in English is a must, proficiency in French or Spanish is a major asset
UNIQUE offers a dynamic and innovative work environment with a high degree of autonomy. Our culture is based on a flat hierarchy and infused with a collaborative spirit. We strive for excellence to maximize client satisfaction. At UNIQUE talents are encouraged and recognized for the initiatives they take to answer client needs, to build a better firm and to build their professional journeys.
We offer flexible work arrangements and a competitive salary and benefit package.
Applications from women are particularly welcome.
Please send your application (CV and motivation letter) by December 19, 2019 to [email protected]
Only applications in pdf-format will be accepted. We would appreciate if you could inform us in your application email how you found out about this position.
Und herzlichen Dank, dass du auf GoodJobs verweist.