KontaktWar Child Holland
Human Resources Advisor – Field (f/m)Ab sofort, Amsterdam, NiederlandeFestanstellung, Teilzeit
War Child is a young and dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace.
To boost good HRM in our Country Offices, we are looking for a Human Resources Advisor – Field (f/m), Amsterdam based with international travelling.
At War Child we know that our people make the difference. Empowered staff empower war affected children. You are the front runner in our ambition to have the best Human Resources Management (HRM) we can have.
- Support Country Offices management to strengthen HRM. A tool is our Human Resources (HR) Manual, a guideline for good and solid HRM for national staff. You will gather feedback to further improve the HR Manual. Taking into account external developments, standards and toolkits like the Core Humanitarian Standards;
- Audit the implementation of the HR Manual for learning and development;
- HR Business partner for the Country Offices management, and pending the need of the Country Office advice and assist in policy making and implementation for e.g. recruitment and retention, induction, Code of Conduct, reward management, job –and salary house, appraisal and feedback, learning and training, end of service processes etcetera;
- HR Advisor for our (about 20) expatriate staff for career planning, staff care and individual matters, supported by the HR back office in Amsterdam; (In case of conflicts you assist in a mediating role);
- You report to the Director HR and Organizational Development with an operational line to the Director of International Programmes.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience as a Human Resources Business partner in an international context in the Humanitarian sector;
- Track record in an International Non-Governmental Organization, field experience is a must;
- Ability to implement and adapt policies into different contexts;
- Empathic, team player and self-starter;
- Approachable with keen interest in people from different backgrounds and sensitive to organizational dynamics;
- Excellent communication skills in English required, fluency in French, Spanish and or Dutch is a big plus;
- Flexible and willing to travel to war affected countries;
- University degree;
- Available on short notice for 32 hours per week.
War Child is a dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to upload their English CV (maximum of two pages) and fill in our online questionnaire by using the following hyperlink before the 23rd of July: https://warchild.onlinevacatures.nl/en/vacancy/details/105802
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.
- Only applications received via our website will be processed.
- If we appoint a suitable consultant before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time will not be processed.
- It could be that during our selection process, the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain live.
Und herzlichen Dank, dass du auf GoodJobs verweist.