KontaktDeutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V.
Head of Programmes (f/m/x)Ab sofort, Goma, Demokratische Republik KongoVollzeit, BefristetLeitung & Management, Produkt-/Projektmanagement
Have you set yourself the goal of investing your personality, your skills and your time where it is worthwhile to place? A job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe! We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and denominationally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions always base on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you would like to become part of this joint project and support us in the fight against hunger worldwide, we look forward to receiving your application as:
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until June 30, 2020. There are good prospects for an extension. The place of work will be Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo. Taking the security situation into account, travel for work will be required. The position is paid according to Salary Group 8.
Under the supervision of the Country Director, the Head of Programmes supports the development of the multiannual country programme and contributes to its implementation and monitoring in order to maximise the WHH impact on the basis of Welthungerhilfe strategy and quality standards.
- Coordination and implementation of projects and programmes according to Welthungerhilfe quality standards
- Managing the integration of all project ideas, project documents and concept papers into the respective information and management systems (ProMis and FundsPro)
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with local partners and principal donors, always with regard to their emerging priorities
- Ensuring partner relations are well maintained and executing donor mapping to identify future partners/donors
- Managing and coordinating concept and proposal development process with key internal stakeholders and relevant partners
- Assisting in updating capacity statements for key sectors (in collaboration with technical and communications team)
- Assisting in creating a clear and structured communication strategy to engage with corporate partners aligned with WHH Congo business development plan
- Working closely together with the logistics and finance Departments to ensure compliance of donor requirements
- Contributing to the development of the annual donor engagement plan
- University degree in Management, Marketing, Mass Communications, Development or a related field
- Qualification in the field of development and emergency aid or other relevant qualification
- A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience
- Experience in project design and writing proposals at a high level
- Experience with major donors (USAID, DfID, EU, ECHO, BMZ, …)
- Sound experience in grant acquisition and institutional donor relations
- Good knowledge of planning and survey methods (incl. M&E)
- Very good analytical skills for evaluating the humanitarian and security-related situation
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Fluency in English and a very good level of written and spoken German and French
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time as well as a healthy work-life balance. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer. The job description can be sent to you in case of interest.
Und herzlichen Dank, dass du auf GoodJobs verweist.